Monday, December 1, 2008

Baby Shower!!


I am sorry I have been away so long. I really have been working on some projects. We had a "surprise" baby shower for my sister-in-law this past Saturday so I was not able to post anything until the shower was over. The theme for her shower was "Pickles and Ice Cream". Here are the items I did for her shower.



I made two of the lollipop "pickle" vases. I put the lollipops on skewers and wrapped them in floral tape. I used the scallop punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, 1/8 circle punch, crimper, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss and Basic Black cardstock. I also used some retired Regal Rose ribbon to tie around the sticks of the lollipops. The ribbon on the bottom is the Regal Rose Double stitched ribbon that is still available. I filled the ice cream parlor cup (from the Dollar Store) with stredded brown paper to look like chocolate ice cream.


These were so fun to make. I made nine of these to give away. I used Dollar Store ice cream scoops. I filled a small cello bag with Hershey Kisses and put mini glue dots on the bottom to hold it in the scoop. Again, I used the punches and cardstock to make the "Pickles". The brown dot ribbon I picked up at Wal-Mart. The saying on the scallop punch says "A Scoop of Love and a few kisses, Thanks for all your love and wishes". I punched out four other scallops in Chocolate Chip cardstock and placed them around the Whisper White saying to look like a larger scallop punch. It is hard to see in the photo.

Here is a two page layout I did for her to keep her memories on. On the sides I left the spaces for the ladies to sign their name or write a little message to my sister-in-law. I used a retired stamp set from Stampin' Up! Perfect Party is the name of it. The lady shadow and Baby Shower was done on my Cricut Machine. I think I failed to mention that her color theme was Chocolate Chip, Certianly Celery and Regal Rose. I am sure you have figured that out by now! :)





This is the banner I made. It is mostly made with retired SU! Designer Series Paper. I wish I could say I cut the circles out with the Big Shot, but it is still on my wishlist. I used my Cricut to cut them out. I would have liked to have gotten closer but it was impossible because of the length of the banner.


I will be doing the 12 days of Christmas starting on Dec. 11th until the 23rd. I will be displaying some gift giving ideas for the holidays so stay tuned!


Thanks!

No comments: