Wednesday, December 10, 2008

12 Days of Christmas - Day 3 - Jelly anyone!

I started out this morning with a jar of jelly. Yes, a jar of jelly. In my Better Homes and Gardens magazine this month there was a pull out that had Smucker's jellies and recipes for each one. The moment I saw it I knew I wanted to do a gift idea with it.

This is what I came up with. I covered the jar with DSP paper. I cut the paper 3 3/4 x 11. Wrapped it around the jar. Then I wrapped a band around the jar. This was cut at 1 1/4 x 11. It will depend on which size jar you use. I then stamped Merry Christmas from the Punches Three hostess set and punched it out using the Square Scallop Punch. It is attached with stampin' dimensions. I wrapped natural twine around the top of the jar.

My idea with this project was to include the recipe. I would put this in a gift bag so I made a tag for my gift bag using the Winter Post stamp set. On the other side of the tag is the recipe for Strawberry Angel Cookies. The DSP paper is double sided but it matches the strawberry. What strawberry you ask?This is the top of the jar. I stamped the strawberry and cut it out. It is mounted on stampin' dimensions. I also punched a piece of the DSP and a piece of Naturals White using the Scallop Circle Punch and twisted them so that each scallop would show through.

Here is what was used to make this project:
Punches Three Stamp Set (Hostess Level I)
Tart and Tangy Stamp Set
Winter Post Stamp Set
Ski Slope Designer Series Paper
Naturals White Cardstock
Real Red Classic Ink pad
Chocolate Chip Classic Ink Pad
Real Red Marker
Old Olive Marker
Stampin' Dimensions
Natural Twine
Scallop Circle Punch
1/8 Punch
Square Scallop Punch
Recipe for Strawberry Angel Cookies:
Crisco Original No-stick cooking spray
1 (16oz) package Pillsbury Angel Food Cake
3/4 cup Smucker's Strawberry Jelly
3 Tbls. of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 325 F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
Beat together cake mix and preserves at low speed until evenly moistened.
Continue to beat 1 minute. Stir is chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoons on prepared baking sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are just lightly browned. Cool 1 minute
on baking sheet. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Store between sheets of wax paper to keep from sticking together.

No comments: